- 9:06 am Tuesday, February 4th, 2014 by Jim Galloway, Greg Bluestein and Daniel Malloy
We have an odd convergence this morning. Both U.S. Rep. Paul Broun and Georgia Democrats are demanding that other GOP candidates for U.S. Senate join a conversation about the need to impeach President Barack Obama.
Apparently, both see it as a path to Broun’s Senate nomination.
This episode began at a tea party-infused Gilmer County GOP forum for Republican Senate candidates in Ellijay on Saturday, with this question from the audience: “Obama has perjured himself on multiple occasions. Would you support impeachment if presented with a vote?”
Broun, Eugene Yu and Derrick Grayson all raised their hands. Karen Handel and Art Gardner [More]
- 10:12 am Thursday, January 30th, 2014 by Jim Galloway, Greg Bluestein and Daniel Malloy
One measure of the political importance of Snowjam ’14: On Tuesday night, voters nestled all snug in their Snuggies were already being asked by a pollster to pass judgment on Gov. Nathan Deal.
The outfit, we’re told, called itself Georgia Press Services. The most important questions (paraphrased):
– How do you think Governor Nathan Deal and he Georgia Department of Transportation handled the recent snow storm?
– After the 2011 ice storm, Governor Deal said we failed the test, and said that he would correct the problems made. Did he pass the test?
– Were you affected by the traffic delays?
– How long? Eight [More]