But once we hit the bewitching hour of 7 p.m. , these are your best links for tonight’s drama:
– The Democratic and Republican runoffs for state school superintendent to replace incumbent John Barge;
– Runoffs for three U.S. House seats, including three GOP contests that pit establishment candidates against tea partyers: Buddy Carter v. Bob Johnson in the coastal First District; Mike Collins v. Jody Hice in eastern Georgia’s10th District, and Bob Barr v. Barry Loudermilk in metro Atlanta’s 11th District.
But wait, there’s more:
– The Cherokee County commission runoff twixt GOPers Kenneth Gordon and Larry Singleton;
– Numerous Cobb County races, topped by a western District 1 runoff between former commission chairman Bill Byrne and Bob Weatherford;
– DeKalb County contests, including former county CEO Vernon Jones’ attempt at a comeback in the race for sheriff;
– A Fayette County school board race between Republicans Diane Basham and John Kimbell;
– Plus two Johns Creek city council contests, a Roswell race for judge, and a Fulton County Commission runoff between Brenda Muhammad and Marvin Arrington Jr.
Last but not least, we’ve got five state Senate races, led by a GOP barn-burner twixt incumbent Jack Murphy of Cumming and challenger Mike Williams. Of four state House races, keep your eye on that Cherokee County race between Meagan Biello and Wesley Cantrell.